Monday 25 January 2016

Monday.

Morning all. 

Thought yesterday I would have a day of  crafting as I had some challenges I wanted to enter for Monday. I have the challenges ready and started and what was going to be one card turned out to be two so have a card ready for Wednesday's blog post. 

I also have a love for orchids I tried for years to grow them and have given up lots of times, A really good friend gave me a lovely orchid at my husband Ron's funeral last year and its been in flower ever since. I now have 6 orchids in all and they are lovely. This one is the latest to flower. I have never seen this one before, my sister gave it to me and May does not know the name of it, so if anyone knows from these pictures I would love to know, The leaf is dark green with a very dark strip.


 These flowers are the size of my thumb nail. 



A close up to show the glitter, 
Materials used.
  • 17 x 11 cm printed card and envelope,
  • Snowman wooden stamp,
  • Squeezed lemonade distress ink,
  • Ocean teal, gold, denim blue, salmon pink sky blue, magenta, eggnog, molten red and apricot Promarkers, 
  • Pure Sheen Nuvo Glitter.
Challenges I will enter this card for are;
  1. Just add ink #295 Just add a sketch,
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop, Pixie's snippet playground week 213.
  3. Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge 114 anything goes with a twist... Frosty 
  4. That Craft Place Anything goes challenge 17 Th January.
  5. digidesignschallengeblog include snow or snowflakes, 









11 comments:

  1. Your orchid looks lovely and .. pretty sure I recognise that snowman - good luck with your challenges

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lilian! How lovely to see you in the Playground - I think your first visit was in August so am delighted you came back and do so hope you'll make it a regular thing.

    I love your card - loads of lovely sparkle and that snowman has what I would describe as a really sweet and kind face. I think it's perhaps the round nose instead of a pointed carrot :)

    Be sure to come back and play - and I almost forgot to say the orchid looks lovely. Afraid I had to resort to silk ones here after a few (ahem) less than green fingered incidents :(

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What planet was I on - have just been looking back and of course you've played a few times since your first visit. I hope it's not Kathy and SaRn leading you astray with the hooch SaRn seems to be selling in the tree house! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it COULD be you know!!! I hear there's HOOCH on sale behind the tree house!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha! Moi? Lead someone astray with Kathy's help!? Whatever next! + Cough +


    Liking your sweet snowman card Lilian.

    PS: I'll let you try out my new hooch recipe if you clamber up the Treehouse ladder this evening.

    Hugs, SaRn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love all the bling on your card and that snowman is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute snowman and so very sparkly too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card... Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi designs challenge.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 114 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you love snowmen as much as I do - he has really won my heart! Your orchids are really so pretty.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, I enjoy reading your comments, a positive comment are so uplifting

Lilian

WOYWDW

Wow its sunny and I have to go out. How long it will last who knows, Looking forward to a night away next week. and hope the weathers good t...