Saturday 10 January 2015

Knee blanket

I started off knitting this blanket for Charity BUT as it got bigger I thought I like this and am going to keep it to put over my knee's. its 35 x 44 inches, I wanted to do something different so started with just one stitch and then increased at the start of every row. When the square was a big as I wanted it I knitted 6 rows in white without increasing, After that I then decreased at the beginning on every row till all the stitches were knitted together so you have a white line right across the blanket, To square it up a bit I then left some 1/2 squares and then knitted white 1/2 squares and sewed then in there, i knitted 4 white squares and it has turned out a lovely and different shape.  photo m_12345678DSCF7523.jpg

3 comments:

  1. And it turned out just great ...... I wouldn't blame you for keeping it yourself either, matey!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great lilian and love the different colours of blues
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kathy and Catherine, Hugs
    lilian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, I enjoy reading your comments, a positive comment are so uplifting

Lilian

End of the month,

    Last post of the month and it does not seem like it should be, We still have no sign of what should be spring, although some days its sp...